Monday, November 9, 2015

Who do we learn from and with?

Who do we learn from and with?


As a child, my mom always told me if she gave me a cow and a library I'd be happy for life.  She's right, again:)

  • My favorite drink was milk (paired with chocolate).
  • I loved reading and learning (my favorite spot to do this growing up was our bay window with the curtain closed creating solace from my 10 siblings)!



For those of you who knew me then and now -- I have not changed in my love of milk, chocolate, reading and learning.  And our family is now 66 strong according to the Christmas letter my mom wrote this year.
                           


  
"Dick and Jane" is the series I remember learning with when I was in early elementary.  I don't read "Dick and Jane" anymore -- but I do A LOT of reading -- both on-line and print.  Our local librarian, Patrice Strellner, can attest to the books I ask her to find for me utilizing inner-library loan.  This is an awesome resource we have as citizens and I definitely take advantage of this service!   Two of my reads for break are: 
                         
One of my favorite people to read and learn from on-line is Sarah Brown WesslingSarah is a high school English teacher in Johnston, Iowa.  She is the 2010 National Teacher of the Year and is the Teacher Laureate for Teaching Channel. You can connect with Sarah on Twitter – @SarahWessling.  Her most recent blog post on Teaching Channel is about stress relievers for teachers.  As we move closer to our holiday break -- I hope you all find some time to "feed your soul and stomachs".  I'll be reading and finding myself some milk and chocolate!

This post was originally posted by Jo to our Teacher Leadership Blog - www.bentoncommunityTLT.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment